She is far more precious than jewels.
The heart of her husband trusts in her,
1. Praise Him: Verbally and publicly. For past, present and future. Let him know that you think he is a great leader and when appropriate, praise him in public for his efforts in leading. Praise him for what he has done in the past and present. Let him know you feel confident he is going to lead your family in the future. Example: “You are going to be a great dad, our children will learn so much from you biblically”.
2. Thank Him: Make sure to thank him when he is leading you or when you notice efforts he is making. Your acknowledgement of his efforts go a long way.
3. Ask Him: For advice and for wisdom. I think its easy to think that you “know” what you husband will say or advice, but “ask him” for his advice. You might get the response you were thinking, but you might be surprised and he might be encouraged that you asked.
4. Follow Him: Submit to his leadership and decision making. This also means respecting him and honoring him. Read this post about practical ways to respect your husband. By no means am I saying that you should not have an opinion or voice, I am simply saying to let your husband take the lead by not solving every problem yourself.
5. Pray for Him: To me, this is the most important. I firmly, irrevocably believe in the power of prayer. Only God has the power to change and mold your husband into who He wants him to be. Pray for your husband’s walk, integrity, strength, fears, triumphs, failures, thoughts and actions. Pray for God to teach him how to be a good Husband and leader for your family. Also pray that you would be his helpmate, partner and source of encouragement.