I love spring. Spring means that the flowers are blooming and the weather is heading toward perfect here in Texas. That means it is great for fun date nights. With the kids now, we don’t have as much time as we use to for date nights, but when we do, I love them. Kevin and I will definitely be trying these fun spring date nights and I hope you do too!
1. Spring and baseball just go together – especially in my family. Go to a local high school or college baseball game and enjoy the atmosphere (maybe even a hot dog)
2. Pack a picnic and go to a local park for lunch/dinner
3. Go tubing down a river
4. Have a pool date
5. Set up sprinklers and run through them like your kids again
6. Go to an amusement park
7. Visit a local animal shelter and play with the animals
8. Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity for a day
9. Go for a run then go get ice cream to celebrate
10. Go to a local sandwich shop for a lunch date
11. Go to the grocery store, you each get $10 to spend and without talking to each other buy your items and make a meal out of them together.
12. When the sun sets, grab your favorite drinks and layout on your driveway and watch the stars.
13. Put-Put Golf! But add an element of competition – make bets people. Winner has to give the loser a massage afterwards or winner gets to pick restaurant for dinner (you get the idea).
14. Head to the Zoo and if your lucky, you may even see some baby animals.
15. Find a snow cone place and go grab your favorite flavors.
16. Take a drive somewhere together and listen to music from when you first started dating (Tip: Sing at the top of your lungs with the windows down – it makes it so much more fun)
17. Garden together. I know it sounds like work, but it can be fun to accomplish something together.
18. Check out any local events your city is hosting. Normally you can find some fun free events the city puts on during the spring.
19. Be a tourist in your city – go downtown and explore local museums and sites.
20. Outside game night – grab your favorite games and set up shop outside on your patio or lawn.