Follow Simply Clarke via Twitter for the latest updates: Follow @marquis_clarke
That is a million dollar question.
Everyone seems to be searching for something at some point in their lives.
How do you become happier?
I could quote you verses, I could tell you quotes from famous writers.
But the past few weeks, I have found that really slowing down and doing what I love has produced so much joy in my life.
I made an effort to bring things into my life that I enjoy. It is that simple.
Make time to do what you love.
We get so busy with life and work that it’s easy to stop doing what we love or put things on the back burner. So, I encourage you to take some time today and write a list of things you love. What makes you happy? What tangible things could you do in a day to bring a little joy into your life?
Then do them! This might take some discipline to start, but make time for these things that are important to you. For example: Have I really wanted to work out every day? No, but I have for almost a month now and I feel so much better. Have I journaled every day? No, I really haven’t, but I have been focusing on making time for it when I need it instead of pushing it to the back of my mind.
For me, these are the things I have been doing:
1. Having a quiet time in the morning
2. Journaling throughout my day – thoughts, feelings, ideas, memories
3. Listening to music all day at work in my headphones
4. Working out at least once a day
6. Having girls nights and staying in touch with friends
7. Spending time with my husband
8. & working on a secret project! (I am sure I will share it with you all soon enough)
So today, Make time to do what you love. No excuses.