25 Random Acts of Kindness For Kids
In honor of National Random Acts of Kindness Day on Sunday, I thought it would be a great time to share 25 Acts of Kindness for Kids. Kevin and I really want to instill a heart of service and compassion in our kids and practicing kindness is such a great way to do this. There are so many ways to show kindness to others, at the core, it is paying attention to those around you and loving the well. It is seeing the person next to you in the grocery store, or holding the door open for someone behind you. In case you are drawing a blank on practical things you can do with your kids to show acts of kindness, I hope these will help spark ideas for you.
- Hold the door open for someone
- Let someone go ahead of you in line
- Make cookies for a neighbor
- Pull up a neighbors trash can
- Pay for the person behind you in line
- Bring pizza to your local fire station
- Leave a thank you note in your mailbox for your carrier with a treat
- Make card and hand deliver them at a retirement home
- Leave a motivational sticky note on public mirrors
- Buy a bag of candy and pass it out at the mall
- Set up a free lemonade stand
- Hand out waters to workers on the road or at a job site
- Bring breakfast tacos and coffee to the local hospitals nurses station
- Leave change at a vending machine.
- Compliment someone.
- Bring flowers to a teacher.
- Donate toys.
- Say hello to everyone you see in Target or the grocery store.
- Make sandwiches to take to your homeless shelter.
- Deliver a meal to busy family.
- Pick up trash around the neighborhood.
- Write encouraging messages in sidewalk chalk.
- Help their sibling with a chore.
- Leave crayons and coloring books for kids at your children’s hospital.
- Record fun messages and send them to friends and relatives letting the know you care.