Last month, I wrote a post about 25 ways to show your husband love broken down into the 5 love languages. You all loved it so much, I decided to keep expanding upon this for the holiday season and breakdown gift ideas for your husband based on his love language. We all know men can be hard to shop for, so hopefully this helps you! You have probably heard me mention these before, but if not, the love languages are from a book: 5 Love Languages. Essentially, it is so important to know your spouses love language, because oftentimes, we give love in a way that we understand or need, not necessarily in a way that our spouse would understand. We are all wired differently, therefore, all feel love differently.
The five love languages are quality time, words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service and physical touch. Kevin is acts of service and quality time so I try to focus on them a lot!
1. A board game or video game. Something that you can enjoy playing together.
2. Date Nights Gift Card. Get gift cards to your favorite restaurant and movie theater and gift a date night.
3. Movie. Pick out the latest new release or a movie you enjoy. This is something you can watch together later.
4. Item for a project. This could be something to organize his garage or a car cleaning set. Think of projects he has been interested in doing and get a gift that coordinates.
5. Sporting Tickets. My husband loves all sports, so getting tickets to sporting event is always a good idea. I know he will love this! Maybe your husband like music? Think concert tickets.
Words of Affirmation
6. Thoughtful Card. While this isn’t really a “gift” it can be one of the most memorable things for a words of affirmation person.
7. Photo Book of Memories. These can be so fun. You make them for the year, or from a vacation.
8. Item from a memory. Maybe you had your first date at a certain move or restaurant. Get something that reminds you of a great memory of the two of you.
9. Music Mix. Create a playlist of all his favorite songs or get his favorite new album.
10. Jewelry. Think new engraved necklace or watch. Something that you can engrave with a special meaning.
11. Clothes. Because you always need clothes.
12. Sunglasses. Everyone needs a great pair of sunnies.
13. Book. Leave him a surprise in a good chapter or write notes throughout the book.
14. Extravagant Item. Think big. Car. Expensive watch, shoes etc. – something they would love but wouldn’t buy themselves.
15. Subscription. There are so many great subscriptions out there right now from ties, to magazines, to win.
Acts of Service
16. Roomba. This makes the list because in reality I really want one.
17. Coupon Book. You could make one or buy one online! There are tons of great ones out there.
18. Hire Someone. Think laundry service, handyman, gift cards for car wash, etc.
19. Practical Gift. Think new electric toothbrush, razor, shoes. Something practical.
20. Fill a need. Is he needing a new lawnmower? or maybe a new tool for the garage? Think about a need and fill it.
21. Dance Lessons. Lots of dips, kisses and hand holding all night.
22. Couples Massage. Its like a great gift for both of you.
23. Adventure Park Tickets. Roller coasters mean lots of hand holding
24. Active date. Think gift card for bowling date, or Top Golf.
25. Surround them with softness. Think new pjs, or a new rug. Maybe even cozy slippers.
I hope that these 25 ideas help spark ideas for your husband! Comment below with any other ideas you like to do!