““This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, All You®, and Real Simple® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #SpringintoMeTime http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
There are only 57 days left until my due date and everything is pretty much non-stop “baby” in preparation for our sweet baby girl’s arrival. I am loving every minute of making sure her nursery is in order, packing our hospital bags, and deciding on her 1st outfit. However, I am also realizing that these are the last 57 days that it is just Kevin and I. After that, we will be a family of three and our lives will forever be changed (for the better of course). However, I do want to make sure I am taking some much needed “me time” these last few days.
Here is my list of 5 things to do for YOU before baby:
1. Bubble Bath: Enjoy a bubble bath complete with your favorite bubbles, a yummy drink, Anthropology Volcano candle, and magazines, because lets face it, once your little one is born, you won’t be enjoying a bath/shower alone for a while.
Plus, Save $2.00 when you buy any TWO (2) participating magazines titles (All You®, Real Simple®, PEOPLE®) from 3/15-3/28 while supplies last at Target (No Coupon Needed). Or, Save 15% on select special issue magazines which include PEOPLE® Crimes of Passion, National Geographic® 100 Journeys of a Lifetime, TIME® Mark Twain, LIFE® Lincoln while using the Target Cartwheel app. Available until 4/17/15, while supplies last.
I just love flipping through magazines for outfit inspiration, date ideas, latest trends, recipes, and home ideas. Which leads me into my next four “me time” suggestions below, because they were all inspired by All You® and Real Simple®!
2. Pedicure: I love getting pedicures. I will admit though, I don’t take the time to get them near as much as I use to when I was in college. Now, I tend to go only twice a year or so and the rest of the time, I just paint my nails myself at home. But, getting a pedicure towards the end of your pregnancy is a must if you like your toe nails painted, because you can’t really reach them anymore. I ran into this issue last weekend. I sat down to paint my toe nails and after some frustration, gave up and my sweet mom (who was in town) thankfully helped out, because it was eleven o’clock the night before my baby shower. And, in reality, it is a great excuse to pamper yourself! So, find out what the hottest colors of the season are from the magazines and head to the nail salon!
3. Shopping Trip: Since I have been pregnant, the majority of my shopping trips have revolved around “baby” or me frantically trying to find a shirt that actually fits my growing belly. Take some time to enjoy shopping again with no reasons or rush. Go to the mall “just because” and walk around some of your favorite stores. You could even pick up your favorite Starbucks or Sonic drink for the trip. Or, if you are less of a “shopping” girl and more of an outdoors type girl, take a walk around a park in town or do something you love alone.
4. Girl Time: Girl time will also be something that will look different in a few months. My girl time will include baby clothes, trips with my mini me, and diaper changes. I seriously can’t wait for girl time with my little, but I know I will miss girl time with friends now as well. Take some time to spend with just your girl friends before baby arrives. Have a girls day or go on a lunch date somewhere.
5. Date Night: Now that you have pampered yourself and had some girl time, go on a date night with your man! I love date nights with Kevin and I know we will still be able to have them when Brooke is here, but I really want to enjoy the last weeks I have with just Kevin. It has been “just us” for the past 9 1/2 years and I love us. I want to soak in this time with him and treasure it forever.
Check out this month’s featured sponsor: